Sunday, July 17, 2011

For Reals..

As my young children would so aptly put it, this adoption is "for reals".

In our adoptive journey, there has been so many stops, starts, maybe's and almosts that our children have understandably taken awhile to trust the current situation. But they have finally taken our immediate intent to adopt the two brothers very seriously. The first sign was that their photo has now become our screen saver courtesy of our eldest son. Conversations between our children many times start with "When our brothers come, we can/ we will.........." My husband has come to me on two occassions to state that he is really excited to have these boys as a part of our family.

I love this. We are all on board...and this is the way is supposed to be.

We are in the process of putting together our dossier. Honestly, I was a little overwhelmed until I found out that one of my very good friends is a notary. This is a God-send! The other thing we are in the beginning stages of planning, is the fund raising that we will be doing to ease the financial pressure of the adoption. I have never done this before....ever. Where was I even going to start??? With a little prayer, I took the first step by researching this very topic. And during this research, people began popping out of the woodwork with ideas that had worked for them, or others they knew, when they had adopted.

I love the fact that we are amidst many families and friends who have adopted or are in the process of adopting. The support and encouragement gained from this is priceless. I can't imagine going through this with out these families and their experiences.

This is do-able. I am going to take a deep breath and keep on going. This is going to work. This is "for reals".

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to read these types of posts knowing a glimpse of what God has in store for you and your family as you travel down this adoption path. Yes, it's 'for reals' and God is going to show you SO many things (some pretty, some not so pretty) about yourself and those around you and it's going to be SO worth the effort!!!

    And the notary friend? GOLDEN! Turns out my neighbor is a notary--also golden!!!

    ReplyDelete