Sunday, January 22, 2012

And They're Off!


It has been a week of preparing to travel to Ethiopia. There has been a slight, but major, change of plans. I will not be going to Ethiopia. My husband was feeling too overwhelmed at the thought of traveling with a heavily pregnant wife and felt it was best that I stay behind and let my eldest son take my place.

For one minute, I was opposed to the idea but what amazed me was the small amount of time it took to be at total peace with staying home. Not only was I at peace with it, I felt it was how the Lord really wanted it to be.....and this relieved me.

The fun part of this whole change in plans was how we let our eldest know. He had no inkling going to Ethiopia was even an option. My husband put a little note in his bag lunch before he went to school on Friday. I chastised my husband for not putting in a pair of Depends to go along with the note as I felt his reaction would precipitate the need for them.

It is now 11:30pm at night and they should be landing in the next 20 minutes or so. I have not been able to keep my mind off of Steve and Sam and I am awaiting anxiously to hear of their arrival. Within two hours of landing, they are scheduled to meet our boys, Ephrem and Anteneh for the very first time. Oh, how I wish I could be there to see every one's reactions. Those boys are very aware that their new family members are coming to visit them.....what a mess they must be in their heads. I can't imagine what it must be like for them in a moment like this. What are they thinking? Are they scared? What are they hoping for? I have prayed that Steve and Sam are able to communicate our absolute excitement for them to be a part of our eager family. Oh Lord, please be present at this event and guide every one's hearts, minds and souls to start the bonding process.

This just couldn't get anymore exciting than this!!! I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment