Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Homecoming

We left church this morning allowing us enough time to catch a bite and head on to the airport......so I thought.  What I did not account for was the adoption virus that had invaded my brain making me an absolute moron in the simplest of moments.  I left our church only to get promptly lost in an area that I should have known like the back of my hand.  We arrived late to lunch, ate quickly and went on our merry way to the airport.  We calculated that we would get their at least a half hour before their arrival.  


Then came the call.


A good friend of mine, who had already arrived at the airport, called to inform us that our boys' flight was 20 MINUTES EARLY!  This was not good.   And from the looks of it, it was probable that we would not make it in time to welcome our boys after having to park, debark and walk to the terminal.  I fell apart and cried while speeding through traffic.  This couldn't be happening.  We just couldn't miss this....we just couldn't.  In a virtual panic attack, I called my sweet friend Nikki, who was tailing me in traffic.  It was decided that we would park at the arrival deck, hop out of our van and have members of Nikki's family park our van.  Their gesture was quick thinking and allowed us to make it to the gate with time to spare.  I will always be grateful for this.


There were MANY friends there with signs, balloons, cameras and 100 watt smiles.  The support was overwhelming.  Our poor sweet boys were absolutely shell-shocked.  They have no idea what they have walked into.


Below are just a few pics that were taken.  My extreme fatigue is preventing from posting more but I promise I will post more soon with updates.






6 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful day and the first of many more to come!!! I was honored to be there!
    We love you and the whole family so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed! What a beautiful family...the joy on your face is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! How precious!!! They are now at home!!! I love the looks on their faces in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you ALL DAY yesterday! All day. I'm so glad they are home! Can't wait to hear more about the day and to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was overwhelmed and overjoyed. It was so amzing to see all the people gathered who had been lifting your family up in prayer, in one physical location. And to think of all those who are praying who were not there.I wont bother you by calling, but I want to bring you an Etheopian meal this week. :) Text me when would be good. LOve you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. I am speechless with gratitude to the Lord for bringing these boys to your family. Speechless.

    I love you, Lewis family!!!!

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete